It is being proposed that the new Midsomer Norton Fayre Day is held at Gullock Tyning on the 12th July 2014 between 12.00 noon and 6.00pm. Provided the required premises licence application is successful, the Mardi Gras event/High Street road closure of previous years will not take place this year.
Overall, the objective of the event is to bring the community together for a family event with the following elements:
- Maypole Dancing Festival – planned for the Somer Centre Car Park from noon.
- Town Show – cake/craft/photography/
needlework etc. competitions – in a marquee
- Community Group Stalls – along Gullock Tyning
- Skate Board Event – in the Skate Park behind the bund
- Victoriana Tea Room in the Somer Centre
- Children’s Play Event in the Adventure Play Park
- Other events such as a Duck Race, Big Gig and Church Events, whilst not located at Gullock Tyning will be included in the programme.
In order to hold the Fayre in Gullock Tyning the Midsomer Norton Community Trust has submitted a Premises Licence Application to Bath & North East Somerset Council (on the 17th April 2014) to allow an annual fayre. Notice signs are on display along Gullock Tyning.
The organisers are keen to ensure the minimum disruption to local business and residents and are emphasising the following aspects of the ethos behind this year’s event:
- Alcohol – Midsomer Norton Fayre will be a non-alcohol event on the basis that it is targeted at families. Professional marshal security will be in place throughout.
- Noise – Whilst running an event of this kind will involve some noise, our aim is to try as far as possible to minimise the impact on local residents. The activities producing noise include music for activities such as the Maypole Dancing with 100 children participating, traditional street organ, brass band, PA announcements and music in the Skate Park.
- Access – we have applied for a road closure of Gullock Tyning, from the entrance to the Leisure Centre to the Somer Centre, from 8am to 8pm on Saturday 12th July 2014. Access for emergency vehicles will still be possible in line with statutory requirements – although the Doctors Surgery will not be open on the 12th July. All on-street parking in the road closure area described in Gullock Tyning would be suspended from 08:00 on the day of the event.
If you have any questions about Midsomer Norton Fayre, the Premises Licence/Road Closure Applications, please contact us.