Residents in Bath are being encouraged to have their say and take part in the first Bath Area Forum which will be held as a webinar on August 25.
The Bath Area Forum takes over the role of community engagement from its predecessor the Bath City Forum.
All residents are invited to take part and have a say about issues in the city that affect them. There is no formal membership and it will be run in a similar way to other Area Forums that operate across North East Somerset.
The first meeting of The Bath Area Forum will include a discussion with the council on ‘Response, Recovery and Resilient Communities’. Council leader, Councillor Dine Romero and Dr Bruce Laurence, Bath & North East Somerset Council’s Director of Public Health, will take part.
There are several questions below which we hope will aid the forum’s discussion:
• Community support over the last four months – what has worked well and what has not?
• What can we do to keep Covid-19 compliant behaviours good in the city and levels of infection low?
• What can we do to ensure people with mental health issues have the right support?
• What can we do to respond if cases started to creep up in B&NES or on a nationwide basis?
• How can we support our local businesses to get up and running safely and encourage people to shop more locally?
• What can we do to respond quickly and decisively if there are localised outbreaks in specific neighbourhoods or population groups?
Councillor Dine Romero said: “Giving people a bigger say is one of the council’s core policies and I am delighted that we are now able, through this new forum, to discuss issues that matter to residents. We will be discussing the council’s response to Covid-19 and how we must all continue to work together to avoid a lockdown in Bath and North East Somerset. Please do register for the webinar and have your say.”
To register in advance for this webinar which starts at 5pm on August 25 go to https://bathnes.zoom.us/
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.